Our Committees are a key component to our success and the heart of the BWBA. Join a Committee. Get involved.
- Annual Dinner: Organizes the BWBA Annual Dinner.
- Annual Dinner Journal: The Souvenir Journal contains the program for the dinner and congratulatory messages.
- By-Laws: Responsible for examining the by-laws and proposing amendments thereto not inconsistent with the by-laws of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York. Chairs: Hon. Joanne D Quinones, Hon. Nancy M. Bannon
- Community Service: Promotes and organizes events and activities which directly benefit the larger Brooklyn Community and simultaneously introduce the community to the BWBA and our members. In addition to hosting an annual Read Across America event in March and a Law Day program in May, the Committee’s activities may also include clothing, toiletry and toy drives, career day events, and law student outreach programs. Chair: Hon. Joanne Quinones
- Continuing Legal Education/Events: Arranges programs and CLE for BWBA and is committed to developing programming that is beneficial for the membership. Have an idea for an interesting CLE? Contact our Chair: Carrie Anne Cavallo
- Lunch with a Judge Series: Our Chapter regularly features an opportunity for the bench and bar to meet in a relaxed and social setting. Judges provide valuable information about their courtroom expectations to the bar. Attendees have the opportunity to learn about a particular area of law and can ask questions about practice and procedure. Chairs: Hon. Genine Edwards, Hon. Derefim Neckles
- Fundraising/Finance: Responsible for creating and funding sources to help the BWBA fulfill its mission and serve its membership.
- Membership: Monitors the status of membership, recruits new members, solicits the renewal of existing members, and promotes the benefits of membership.
- Mentorship/Mentorship Circle: Matches mentors with mentees seeking guidance and advice in their legal careers. An opportunity to meet other lawyers to discuss common interests and concerns. Click here for a copy of the 2020-2021 application. Email Committee at: BWBAMentorship@gmail.com. Chairs: Natoya L McGhie, Madeline Kirton, Carrie Anne Cavallo, Hon. Heela Capell
- Newsletter: Produces and distributes our Newsletters. Editor-in-Chief: Turquoise Haskin
- Solo and Small Firm Practice
- Young Lawyers: For attorneys of any age, so it doesn't matter whether you are young of age or young at heart. Hosts CLEs , FUN, networking, and social events. Please email the committee at BWBAYLC@gmail.com for more information on how you can get involved and to join the email list. Chairs: Danielle K. Ciraola, Hon. Genine Edwards, Natoya L. McGhie
To join any one of WBANSY's over 40 committees and represent the BWBA on the state level, please contact our President, Natoya L McGhie at BWBAPresident@gmail.com