Our Committees are a key component to our success and the heart of the BWBA. Join a Committee. Get involved.
- Annual Dinner: Organizes the BWBA Annual Dinner.
- Annual Dinner Journal: The Souvenir Journal contains the program for the dinner and congratulatory messages.
- By-Laws: Responsible for examining the by-laws and proposing amendments thereto not inconsistent with the by-laws of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York. Chairs: Hon. Joanne D Quinones, Hon. Nancy M. Bannon
- Community Service:
- Continuing Legal Education/Events: Arranges programs and CLE for BWBA and is committed to developing programming that is beneficial for the membership. Have an idea for an interesting CLE? Contact our Chair: Carrie Anne Cavallo.
- Lunch with a Judge Series: Our Chapter regularly features an opportunity for the bench and bar to meet in a relaxed and social setting. Judges provide valuable information about their courtroom expectations to the bar. Attendees have the opportunity to learn about a particular area of law and can ask questions about practice and procedure. Chairs: Hon. Genine Edwards, Hon. Derefim Neckles.
- Fundraising/Finance: Responsible for creating and funding sources to help the BWBA fulfill its mission and serve its membership.
- Membership: Monitors the status of membership, recruits new members, solicits the renewal of existing members, and promotes the benefits of membership.
- Mentorship/Mentorship Circle: Matches mentors and mentees. An opportunity to meet other lawyers to discuss common interests and concerns. Chairs: Natoya L McGhie, Madeline Kirton, Carrie Anne Cavallo, Hon. Heela Capell
- Newsletter: Produces and distributes our Newsletters. Editor-in-Chief: Turquoise Haskin
- Solo and Small Firm Practice
- Young Lawyers: For attorneys of any age, so it doesn't matter whether you are young of age or young at heart. Hosts CLEs , FUN, networking, and social events. Please email the committee at BWBAYLC@gmail.com for more information on how you can get involved and to join the email list. Chairs: Danielle K. Ciraola, Hon. Genine Edwards, Natoya L. McGhie